The School For Mountain Leadership
Rock Climbing Leader Assessment (SAQA 9286)
Courses & Assessment
Software & Data
Our guiding section:
The Mountain Guide
|| Abseiling & Climbing
|| Assessment of skills for MDT Rock Climbing Leader and/or SAQA 9286: Plan and provide a guided rock climbing experience.
Candidates are assessed for competence in terms of the MDT`s Rock Climbing leader scheme and the NQF`s SAQA 9286.
Candidates for this assessment MUST read and understand the MDT and NQF standards and ensure that they are able to perform the skills as ALL skills WILL be assessed.
Candidates must also be in possession of a minimum of a level II first-aid certificate.
Candidates will do the following:
- Sit a written test. Oral tests can be arranged for people with special needs.
- Select and climb up a multi-pitch route.
- Demonstrate personal competence in lead-climbing at grade 15 or better on trad gear.
- Brief, equip, check and belay clients.
- Solve common problems associated with multi-pitch rock-climbing.
|| R 4,000.00 Per person