The School For Mountain Leadership
Trad Lead Climbing Course
Courses & Assessment
Software & Data
Our guiding section:
The Mountain Guide
|| Abseiling & Climbing
|| If you`re thinking of starting to lead on trad routes then this is the course for you. The course addresses the issues associated with placing protection on lead as well as multi-pitch climbing such as intermediate stances, multi-pitch abseils, protecting multiple seconds and rope management.
Ideally you should already have climbing experience and should, ideally, already be leading sport routes although this isn`t a prerequesite.
This course lasts 4 days. It can be done as 2 weekends if needed.
Availability And Numbers
This course is available part-time or full-time with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 6.
Topics covered in this course are:
1. Access arrangements, climbing etiquette, site selection and guide-book interpretation for trad routes
2. Climbing terminology and communication
3. Equipment - the use, limitations and care of trad climbing kit
4. Knots used in trad climbing
5. Placing protection to protect both the leader and the second
6. Intermediate stances and anchor systems
7. Single ropes, double ropes and rope management
8. Multi pitch abseils
9. Problem solving and basic emergency procedures
10. Self rescue and climbing-partner rescue
|| Full time Course
|| R 4,000.00 Per person